RE: Weird

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:18:35 -0800

Have you tried to dump the column? See the example below (due to my language settings the decimal point is showing up as a comma.)

SQL> describe t

 Nom                 NULL ?   Type
 ------------------- -------- -------------
 N                            NUMBER(9,2)

SQL> column n_dump format a40
SQL> select n, dump (n) as n_dump from t ;

        N N_DUMP

     -,02 Typ=2 Len=3: 63,99,102
     -,01 Typ=2 Len=3: 63,100,102
        0 Typ=2 Len=1: 128