Re: Oracle forms error...

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:22:29 -0500

I have found in the past that a disk I/O error was caused by the disk going bad. Have the sysadmin run some checks on the disk and possible change the location of the tmp mount point to a different disk. Ron

>>> VICTORIA_PIERCE_at_rsausa.com 03/12/2004 3:06:51 PM >>>
Some questions: Is your disk full? Do you have write permissions to that
directory? Have there been recent changes in your server environment? Is
this error message from Oracle Applications?

Vicki Pierce
Database Administration
x2401

Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_affina.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
03/12/2004 02:54 PM
Please respond to
oracle-l_at_freelists.org

oracle-l_at_freelists.org
cc

Subject
Oracle forms error...

Another shot in the dark...

I know next to nothing about forms but have been asked to see if I can't
find possible causes for the following error:

FRM-41839 Disk I/O error temporary record buffer file /var/tmp/DAACUaqCL.TMP

...anyone have a clue. I don't have anymore info than that. ...and I'm
not really expected to find much but google returned nothing and I'm having problems with Metastink.

...oh yeah...I don't know if any of you remember my post about weird 1-2-3
minute waits in our apps environment (that has been outsourced). The general consensus here was a locking issue. Well......after 1 MONTH of 2
of our call centers being down, and heavy involvement from some Oracle

experts (from oracle), the problem was apparently caused by the way our

outsourcer was cloning the environment. No specific cause has yet to be
given. .........isn't outsourcing great!

Thanks for any help

chris