Oracle forms error...

From: Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_affina.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:54:10 -0600

Another shot in the dark...

I know next to nothing about forms but have been asked to see if I can't find possible causes for the following error:

FRM-41839 Disk I/O error temporary record buffer file /var/tmp/DAACUaqCL.TMP

...anyone have a clue. I don't have anymore info than that. ...and I'm not
really expected to find much but google returned nothing and I'm having problems with Metastink.

...oh yeah...I don't know if any of you remember my post about weird 1-2-3
minute waits in our apps environment (that has been outsourced). The general consensus here was a locking issue. Well......after 1 MONTH of 2 of our call centers being down, and heavy involvement from some Oracle experts (from oracle), the problem was apparently caused by the way our outsourcer was cloning the environment. No specific cause has yet to be given.
.........isn't outsourcing great!

Thanks for any help

chris