Re: Login Triggers

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:43:48 -0500

On 03/12/2004 12:38:45 PM, Nick Gabrielatos wrote:
> Thanks, that helps quite a bit.
> Let me ask you this, though,
> you think we should use cashed tables and materialized views
> instead of login triggers?

I'm confused. The original question was asked by the person named Maryann, so I'm not sure about the "we" part. If your intention is to pre-run query and store results in memory, then yes, that would be the best solution, in my opinion.

> Wouldnt a login trigger have an advantage?

Login trigger is a procedure and not a mechanism for storing things. If you want to check something and deny login based on some additional criteria or turn on things like event 10046 for some classes of users, then yes, login trigger would have an advantage.