RE: Oracle Performance

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:47:16 -0600

Sorry if I'm off-base, but is this a language misunderstanding problem?

I think that "the rule is under the same conditions, Oracle is always faster, so..." means: "If an Oracle-based application is slower than the same application on a competing database, then there's probably something that a smart person can do to make the Oracle one perform much faster."

I don't think it intended was a statement about whether RULE or CHOOSE is better.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *