Re: bit OT: web-architecture oracle

From: <rstevenson_at_cobblesoft.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:00:05 -0600

If you're looking at cheap, the Oracle database comes with its own HTTP server - which gives you mod_plsql etc. It's simply bundled/enhanced (?) Apache. It depends upon your interface (eg: java, plsql, psp, jsp), and the scalability and failsafe required.

The cheapest entry point to IAS is the "Java Standard Edition" - which comes in at $5,000 USD. Like an earlier post, don't even consider 9iAS Rel 2 - installation is as bad as trying to separate MSIE from Windows :) Rel 1 was much better, and I've heard excellent reports about 10g.

Richard

CobbleSoft International Ltd.
www.cobblesoft.com
US/Can Toll-Free: 866-380-6716