Re: bit OT: web-architecture oracle

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:33:32 -0500

Oracle application server 10g (9.0.4.0.0) CD Pack for Linux B13225-01 v2

Loaded the infrastructure in less than 2 hrs and loaded the application server on another box in less that 2 hours. The install is clean and check for the required OS and options before installing. It was slick and easy as compared to the disaster 9iAS is.

Try downloading a few times then make out a TAR for the CDROM's. Also if you have upgrade rights you can request the "version upgrate option" on an ITAR and get the CD PACK in 3 days. Ron

>>> solbeach_at_cox.net 03/11/2004 12:28:41 PM >>> 9iAS R2 is one of the most bug riddled pieces of s/w that I've ever work on.

For example out of the box V9.0.2.0.1 on Solaris the Reports Server can not & will not print to a printer without applying a patch to it.

If you are seriously considering Oracle's AS, you should wait until 10g AS is available on CDs.

> From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam_at_vrijuit.nl>
> Date: 2004/03/11 Thu AM 08:34:39 EST
> To: "'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
> Subject: bit OT: web-architecture oracle
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm asked to propose a solution for web-acces to an
oracle-environment.