Re: Maximum height of an Oracle B-tree index

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:46:59 -0800

My thoughts mirrored Tims.

Though after seeing Jonathan Lewis force a very small index to a blevel of 3 with the clever use of data and storage parms and who knows what else, I decided there was a distinct possibility that I was wrong.

I've refrained from asking Steve how he did this, but if I see him at dinner this evening, I will find out and report back. :)

Jared

Live from HOTSOS

Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
 03/10/2004 06:08 AM
 Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Maximum height of an Oracle B-tree index

It would take a heckuva lot of space, even with DB_BLOCK_SIZE = 512 and PCTFREE=99 on the index, to get BLEVEL over 10...

Hat's off to Steve on getting it to 20+...