Strange listener behaviour

From: barry deevey <barry.deevey_at_enmo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:36:05 -0000

All,

One of our databases (running 9.2.0.1.0) is having performance problems when being accessed by another server.

If I create a specific listener for the database the response times are fine, but if I use the default listener it slows down again. However, if I remove the DESCRIPTION= and ADDRESS_LIST= from the default it works fine.

Changing it from:
LISTENER=
  (DESCRIPTION=
    (ADDRESS_LIST=
      (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=myserver)(PORT=1521))))

to:
LISTENER=
 (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=myserver)(PORT=1521))

Don't know why because the docs say to embed the ADDRESS= section(s) under the DESCRIPTION= section. Does anybody have any ideas why this is behaving like this??

TIA for any replies they're much appreciated.

Cheers
Barry.