RE: Linux SUSE for RAC SE? caveats?

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:01:51 -0500

Disk,
 I think the $1500 price is for the 7X24 unlimited incidents support and the $800 is for the 9X7 limited incidents support. We are starting to request pricing for the servers and RedHat support and I chose ( I really was asked this time) the $1500 option because of the unlimited incidents support. I don't think we will need it but we have an mongrel network and hardware and I did not want to be left out on a limb after 5 pm.
Ron

>>> DGoulet_at_vicr.com 03/10/2004 11:17:57 AM >>>
Just checked with our SA and I'd have to ask who your getting Red Hat from? We get Red Hat AS for $800 per server. The upside with Red Hat is that you don't need any other software to do a RAC install.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA