Re: Funny sort of question re sys password

From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:37:41 -0400

RE: Funny sort of question re sys passwordAt least in NT, I challenge some one to tellme it not possible to access to Oracle in 9.2, if you have access to the box.

  and actually, the fundamentals of security say that you should follow the principal of least privilege. Only allow any person to have exactly the amount of authority that is necessary to do his or her job.

  That also has little or nothing to do with the Oracle situation at hand, but it does speak to having (or allowing) physical access to boxes.

  My dad told me that it doesn't matter how big or how good you lock is, it is only designed to be sure to keep out an honest person. Anyone determined to not be honest will get in.

  April Wells
  Oracle DBA/Oracle Apps DBA
  Corporate Systems
  Amarillo Texas
  "Few people really enjoy the simple pleasure of flying a kite"   Adam Wells age 11
  "Imagination is the highest kite one can fly."   Lauren Bacall