Re: ORACLE SUN vs AIX

From: <jo_holvoet_at_amis.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:38:53 +0100

9.2 EE is available for download for Linux/390 on OTN.

mvg/regards

Jo

Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
03/10/2004 15:41
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: ORACLE SUN vs AIX

On 03/10/2004 03:50:49 AM, chris_at_thedunscombes.f2s.com wrote:
> Jerome,
>
> Oracle tend to provide better support for SUN as it's the primary UNIX
port
> i.e. Oracle ships on SUN before AIX.
> If you're having to make a strategic choice between SUN & AIX then I'd
look at
> which platform is likely to be around longest in the mainstream as well
as the
> other things you're looking at. This isn't easy to answer but trying to
find
> out how long IBM will keep AIX going before it all becomes Linux might
be a
> good place to start.

Speaking of Linux, does oracle support Linux/390? One 3090 600J can be bought very cheap these days and
would look very nice in the living room, especially a little larger one. You can even Halon fire extinguisher
and Liebert generator to power it up in case of power failure. With Linux, it would be a perfect engine for
surfing the web and playing GNOME Tetris.