Re: Funny sort of question re sys password

From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:32:28 -0400

The principle of security says
if you have access to the server (the physical computer) you have access to its data.

For example in
Oracle in NT, you drop the service and recreate it, this is the time it takes to recreate the service
and restart the server.

In NT, to bypass NTFS there is a floppy disk (cia software) used to restart with it you can change server password, fix regedit, copy files, etc. Other chance is install another nt installation that gives you acces to everything.