RE: "Deallocate Unused" not bringing down the HWM in tables

From: Feighery Raymond <Raymond.Feighery_at_churchill.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:00:00 -0000

EMPTY_BLOCKS refers to the number of never used blocks in the table, that is the blocks within the segment above the HWM. This will not be affected directly by deletes.
Moving a table within its own tablespace will reset the HWM, which will actually increase not reduce the number of empty blocks (assuming unchanged storage parameters). The number of empty blocks is then affected by table storage parameters.

"When I look the empty_blocks, for some tables it has not yet released the space."
Can you clarify this?

Ray