Re: ORACLE SUN vs AIX

From: <chris_at_thedunscombes.f2s.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:50:49 +0000

Jerome,

Oracle tend to provide better support for SUN as it's the primary UNIX port i.e. Oracle ships on SUN before AIX.
If you're having to make a strategic choice between SUN & AIX then I'd look at which platform is likely to be around longest in the mainstream as well as the other things you're looking at. This isn't easy to answer but trying to find out how long IBM will keep AIX going before it all becomes Linux might be a good place to start.

HTH.   Chris

Quoting Jerome Roa <jroa_at_uchicago.edu>:

> Does any body have any opinion about SUN vs AIX as to which is a preferred
> platform in terms of ease of use, oracle support, hardware maintenance and
> support,
> bugs/patches/fixes,etc. Anything is appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Chris Dunscombe

chris_at_thedunscombes.f2s.com

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/