RE: ORACLE SUN vs AIX

From: <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 15:06:05 -0600

For what it's worth (which isn't much), EDS recently made the decision that trying to support all platforms was too expensive. For their Unix server platform, they went with Sun. I haven't seen the reasons behind the decision. Heck! Maybe it was just a bunch of bribe money and general sucking up by Sun.

But we should remember and honor the Great McNealy for standing alone and raising his middle finger to Microsoft. That deserves at least a few attaboy points.