Re: Is 10g available for Mandrake Linux ?

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 03:06:29 +0100

Jay wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have Madrake Linux V 9.0 at home. Is it possibel to install 10G on this
> platform?
>
> Thanks
> Jay

Jay,

   Try

         ./runInstaller -IGNORESYSPREREQS

 but I wouldn't be wildly optimistic about the issue. I have tried on an admittedly older Mandrake version (although I tend to keep up-to-date glibc-wise) and I have had weird errors about not being able to create directories where there should have been no problem at all. Right now I am pondering RH or Suse. Or postgres.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole