Re: Oracle 911 Article - An apology to DBAZine

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 10:25:59 -0800

dbazine.com is owned by BMC.

The editor is Dana Farver. She has made assurances that although BMC provides the money to run the site, they do not dictate content.

You didn't indicate that you were concerned about that, but it seemed like a natural concern given that the magazine is owned by a major software vendor.

Jared

Sten Rognes <rognes_at_sbcglobal.net>
 03/06/2004 01:31 AM
 Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Oracle 911 Article - An apology to DBAZine

Who owns/edits dbazine? BMC?

Jonathan Lewis wrote:

>I have had an email message from Don Burleson
>regarding comments I have made about his article
>"Oracle 911 - Emergency Oracle Support"
>
>In particular he raised the following two sentences
>as examples of comments that could hurt the
>reputation of DBAZine:
>
>"Bizarre though it may seem to you, I think this is probably the best
>article that Don has ever written."
>
>"I didn't say I liked it, I said it was probably the best he'd written."

<snip>