Re: Re: Oracle 911 Article

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:45:03 +1100

You're on.

> strain the social fabric of all developed countries to the breaking point,
> with quite unpredictable results, which is something that politicians in
> the west will not tolerate. I don't think that this situation

It has already. But it's not affecting everybody, just white collar middle class jobs. Including of course IT.

Remains to be seen how can western economies survive without a middle class. Just exactly who is gonna be the market for all those "global" products and "rationalised economy" services? Seems to me some economic "gurus" have been suffering from very strong myopia...

Anyways, the damage is done. It will take a lot more than ten years to fix the excesses of unbridled capitalism. And it's been stupid enough to shoot itself on the foot.

> OT, but I believe that we're bound forrecovery in 2006. at the latest.

Like I said: I don't share your optimism.

> The one that will come after the next period of prosperity will.

It's here and now. Get used to it.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia