ORA 12560 : TNS protocol adaptor error

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 11:15:23 +0300

Hi List,

I am really getting crazy about this error. The story is, one of our remote user wants to connect to one of our NT server that has oracle 8.1.7.4, and whenever he is trying to connect, he is getting the above said error. The strange thing is, when I ask him to connect to my UNIX block box that has oracle 8.1.7.4, he is able to connect without above said error. Only when he is trying to connect to win2k server, he is getting the above said error. His OS is windows 2003.

Any opinions and comments in this regard is highly appreciated. Its urgent please.

Rgds
Jaffar