Re: Re[3]: Oracle 911 Article

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:45:21 +1100

> This is not unusual for a consulting firm.

Yeah. But Oracle was NOT a consulting firm. Although they had a group that called itself that. I believe they still do?

> billed me out at. Frequently, they would discount that rate.
> It was unusual for any client to pay the full amount. I

Hmmm, I wonder if SAP consultants could take a leaf out of that. They refined the art of skinning.

> I also never saw anywhere's near the rate I billed at, but
> they did pay me quite well. I never had cause to complain.

I'm told that's usually the case with consulting firms. If not in straight moolah, at least in perks.

Here nowadays one is happy if there is a job, whatever the pay. >10% unemployment in IT (note: I said "in IT") and growing at about 4%/year. Salaries have dropped dramatically, although there are still a few organisations and industry "observers" living in lah-lah land. It will sink in.

Roll-on the after effects of "globalism" and "economic rationalism"...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
in rainy Sydney, Australia
dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au