Re: Oracle 911 Article

From: Don Burleson <don_at_burleson.cc>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:47:56 -0500

Hi David,Regarding http://www.dbazine.com/burleson20.shtmlDavid wrote: "But do you really think that Oracle Support has ever told anyone to call HIM to solve their performance problems (his article makes this claim)?" Hm, what I wrote was this: "- We called MetaLink Support and we don’t understand their instructions. They said that we could call you."

Yes, I get referral calls from Oracle Support and MetaLink, always when a customer has no DBA or they have a vendor package running Oracle, and no in-house technical knowledge to send the required trace and dump files to Oracle support.

David wrote: "(You) managed to insult some of my favorite Oracle authors".

Um, my article refers to the "pontifications of theoreticians and ivory-tower academics", and I’m not aware of any Oracle authors who match that criteria.

Which of your favorite Oracle authors are you referring to? ;-)

You also claim that I insult the Rednecks of Alabama.

I’ve been studying Redneck Theology for many years, and I’m making great progress. Check it out:

   http://www.dba-oracle.com/redneck.htm#progress

Anyway, lighten up! I think we all take Oracle way-too seriously sometimes. . . .

Sorry to ramble, but I’m still in-shock after reading something nice coming from Nuno Souto. . . .

Take care, Y’all . . . .

Regards,Donald K. Burlesonwww.dba-oracle.comwww.remote-dba.net