RE: OffTopic:Sybase ASE : Regedit entry removal

From: Branimir Petrovic <BranimirP_at_cpas.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:07:41 -0500

You need to open registry editor (run regedit.exe) then navigate to:

        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Services
find the key (branch) repesenting your orphan service - usually named same or similar enough to display name for this service as seen in MMC services, right click and delete (export it just in case before removal by choosing Registry menu, Export Registry File...) then reboot PC and verify that service does not exist. You'll be still left with some (very few?) orphan files on your HDD that belonged to deleted service.

Be extra very careful with what you delete.

Branimir