Re: OffTopic:Sybase ASE : Regedit entry removal

From: Jeff Herrick <jherrick_at_igs.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:15:13 -0500 (EST)

Off the top of my head =8-)

Check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\XXXXX

where XXXX is the service that wasn't deleted. There should be an entry named 'ImagePath'. Rename the file pointed to by ImagePath, reboot, drop the registry key and reboot again.

I used to have a similar issue when trying to 'eradicate' an Oracle NT install. The file OCIW32.DLL was always loading and could not be deleted. You can however rename it and then the service entry won't find it when it comes back up.

This is all assuming that you have admin rights on this machine.

Cheers

Jeff Herrick