RE: Oracle 9.2 setup

From: Stephen Murphy <SMurphy_at_uamail.albany.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:46:04 -0500

If you put all your redo and control files on a raid 0 and that drive stops, so does your DB. What does the HP rep suggest you do then?

--

*

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Birkir Bjornsson Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 11:10 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle 9.2 setup

Hi

Im setting up Oracle 9.2 on Windows 2003, the machine is a Blade Server connected to a SAN diskbox with 14x36GB disk. I was thinking setting this disks up as one Volume with Raid 10 that is stripe it over the disk and then mirror it. Doesnt that give me the best I/O performance?