Re: EXP/IMP due to corrupt blocks

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 00:16:17 +1000

Hi Birkir,

You maybe forgetting that your export will fail once it comes across one of the corrupted blocks !!

You need to fix the corruptions which depends entirely on the nature of the corruption, what's actually corrupted, are the objects re-creatable, is the corruption in your backups (else restore and recover of datafiles could be an option), database version (dbms_repair), can you afford to lose the corrupted data, is it in a LOB (nasty but solvable), investigate block dumps, etc. etc.

I've fixed plenty of corruptions in my time and it's usually a case of horses for courses.

But exp/imp is unlikely to be your solution.

Good Luck

Richard