Re: 9i - ASSM

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:15:33 -0800

Not mature enough?

Is he waiting for Oracle 12x before he considers 9i stable?

I thought this one was a no brainer by now?

Now if I could just get all my SAP converted to Locally Managed Tablespaces...

Jared

Mark Moynahan <Mark.Moynahan_at_apollogrp.edu> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
 03/04/2004 01:49 PM
 Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        9i - ASSM

We are having a debate on building tablespaces with automatic segment space
management (ASSM). This is a 9i db on a Solaris box. I'm in favor of using ASSM but the senior dba is a bit hesitant and want to put in manual mode. I've even tried to persuade him with the Oracle documentation but he insists
its not mature enough for production.

Is there any white papers or matalink papers that show the pros and cons to
ASSM in 9i? Has anyone had issues with using ASSM? Is there a way of proving
ASSM is better than MSSM?

Thanks,

Mark