Re: Win2K/Ora9iR2/Unicode

From: Michael Möller <m2_at_email.dk>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:21:52 +0100

The problem is with the client, not the database. There is no "unicode-terminal", so whatever you select is converted to and thus limited by the client characterset. I havent tried with iSQL*Plus .... just a mo' I'll test now.
[Windows machine, registery, set NLS_LANG to ...utf8. *then* start iSQLplus server(HTTP server).... ] Yes it displays all! (within the limits of your browser and fontset) Also the Data Editor in DBA Studio or View/Edit in OEM facilty lets you view the unicode data in all their glory.

Look at the data in OE.PRODUCT_DESCRIPTIONS, that is one of the sample/demo schemas supplied.

M-square
(Michael Möller)