Re: stats on tables - analyze for all indexed columns

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:14:31 -0500

Analyze table ....for all indexed columns collects only histograms on indexed columns.
Analyze table ... for all skewed columns  collests only histograms for columns that oracle deems skewed.
analyze table .. for table collects statistics for table itself. When you use DBMS_STATS.GATHER....
then "FOR TABLE" is implied.