RE: Plotting Statspack data

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:42:10 -0600

Rohjel

    I think you should also consider whether this project will be useful. STATSPACK only produces statistics aggregated by instance. Cary Millsap in his new book Optimizing Oracle Performance does a great job of pointing out why many problems can't be found by this method and it may even lead to making wrong decisions that reduce performance.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com