Proglem with ERROR_LOG

From: KENNETH JANUSZ <kjanusz_at_att.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:25:16 -0600

Maybe someone can give me some insight into this problem. A couple of days ago I downloaded Perl 5.8 via ActiveState and installed it. I got a message saying that I needed more disk space. So I deinstalled the Oracle Developer Suite using Oracle Installer. Seemed to work OK, no error messages. Then after a few hours I got an error message that my disk space was 0 bytes. After about 3 hours of working on this I found that the ERROR_LOG file was 62.60 GB! Yes GBs. I tried shutting down the DB through the usual means but got errors that there was no disk space, etc. Yesterday this file was up to 65.64 GBs. The only way I could shut down the DB was through Windows Task Manager. I shut down oracle.exe and apache.exe. Windows then allowed me to delete this file. I rebooted my PC and checked to see if this error file had been started up - it was and it was already at 1.52 MB and growing rapidly. I shut down Oracle - no change, still growing. I shut down apache and that stopped this file from growing and I deleted it. Any idea what is causing this error_log file to grow like this? Have you seen this before? And, how do I fix it?

This file is located at:

C:\oracle\ora92\Apache\Apache\logs\error_log

Here is what I found in the error_log:

[Wed Mar 03 11:36:37 2004] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized
[Wed Mar 03 11:36:41 2004] [warn] FastCGI: server "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" started (pid 2132)
[Wed Mar 03 11:40:45 2004] [warn] FastCGI: server "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" (pid 2132) terminated with exit with status '3373360'
[Wed Mar 03 11:40:57 2004] [warn] FastCGI: server "c:/oracle/ora92/bin/isqlplus" restarted (pid 3676)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken Janusz, CPIM