Re: copy export plan from one database to another

From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:59:33 -0400

MessageThe best thing you can do is contact people soft, because every vendor HAS to give a guide for tunning, his database. I wouldn't do anytihng before contacting them. Because they can use hints, etc. etc. or any special condition.

  Thanks for the info Juan.

  For the last couple of months I had been using "gather_schema_stats" with the "gather auto" option, turns out this doesn't do anything   if you don't have monitoring on for the table, so I ran it with just "gather" and now a peoplesoft query that took 1 secs, takes 10 secs   and therefore a query that takes 30 minutes seems to be taking hours.     -----Original Message-----
    From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco [mailto:jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com]     Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 3:48 PM     To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: Re: copy export plan from one database to another

    Approximately,

  1. you can import and export statistics
  2. you can too use optimizer plan stability (chapter 11 expert one on one Tom kyte)

    What happen before the problem, you update statiscs, update staticis in sys schema, what happened?

      Hi there,

      We are in a bit of a panic right now, and I am busily searching the manuals,

      But is it possible to copy the explain plan that looks good in your dev/test database to the production
      database and force your production database to use that explain plan ??

      I will figure out what went wrong with the production plan once the panic is over.

      Thanks

      Darren

      Darren Browett P.Eng                                            This message was transmitted
      Data Administrator                                              using 100% recycled electrons
      Information and Communication Technology
      City of Coquitlam
      P:(604)927 - 3614
      E:dbrowett_at_coquitlam.ca