RE: question about dbms_syste.set_sql_trace_in_session

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 04:33:40 +1100

I think a lot more of it is instrumented with the 10g release.

The usual instrumentation problem. There's no easy answer to how much code should you instrument other than "it depends". If it's well written SQL and you trust the developer, then it probably needs less instrumentation. If it's crap, then firing the developer may be a better option than instrumentation anyway. :)

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA