RE: Question about block dump

From: Mark Moynahan <Mark.Moynahan_at_apollogrp.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:48:58 -0700

Answered my own question. The dbms_rowid.rowid_row_nmber procedure does point you to the row number in the block. I should have tested this before posting, my bad.

Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Jonathan Lewis Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 9:05 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Check dbms_stats.convert_raw_value.

I don't know when this set of procedures was introduced, but they can be used to
take a raw input (e.g. your c403135456)
and decode it into a variable of the correct type.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

March 2004 Hotsos Symposium - The Burden of Proof   Dynamic Sampling - an investigation
March 2004 Charlotte OUG (www.cltoug.org) CBO Tutorial April 2004 Iceland
June 2004 UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar