Re: RE: query slow in 9i, but not slow in 8i

From: Ryan <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:14:42 -0500

We have been stress testing our system with as many as 3,000 concurrent users(its simulated) and it has scaled well. We have histograms on all tables. Our data set is approximately 500 GBs and we often have multi-table joins. Most of the queries we are testing are OLTP type result sets. We have not tested the enterprise reporting and the 'calculations' we have to do to see how that scales. At this point most all of our queries use bind variables so they are not using the histograms(they are for the reporting to come in the future).

We are testing on a 2 Node RAC each node has a 4 CPU Solaris system.

Anyone have any hard data to back this up?