Re: ORA - 14642 : partition exchange error

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:21:13 -0000

I've just compressed a table, and spare1 had bit 17 (131072) set - so bit 16 must be something else. I've got a note about it somewhere, I'm sure, but can't find it.

In the meantime, I've found your problem on Metalink under document 248634.1

This includes the not null change as a possible cause.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

March 2004 Hotsos Symposium - The Burden of Proof   Dynamic Sampling - an investigation
March 2004 Charlotte OUG (www.cltoug.org) CBO Tutorial April 2004 Iceland
June 2004 UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar