RE: EPOCH date conversion?

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:00:00 -0800

I gaze into my crystal ball...it says you use Remedy! Right? Well, we do, and it has the same...er...feature.

This...
SELECT ((86400 *

         ( to_date('&Enter_Date_and_Time','MM/DD/YY:HH24:MI') -
           to_date('01-JAN-1970'))) + 28800) newtime
FROM dual
/
...works for me. Somebody else here in the group showed it to me, so I am passing it along. The 28800 is the fudge factor to my time zone.

Cheers,
Mike