DBD::ODBC error

From: Koivu, Lisa <Lisa.Koivu_at_Cendant-TRG.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:12:43 -0500

Hi everyone,

The script below throws the following error: "DBD::ODBC:st execute failed: [Microsoft ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt(SQL-HY000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1) at tests.pl line 20."

What on earth? I am trying to parameterize the update statement and it's failing.

For the record, I tried concatenating the unique_id's into one string and using an IN() statement, but I received the following errors (with and without using SQL_VARCHAR and explicitly binding the parameters):

DBD::ODBC::st execute failed: [Microsoft}{ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specification (SQL-22018)...

My in-list looked like this: 217, 219, 221, 222

The statements both work in query analyzer.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
Lisa Koivu

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use DBI;

my $dbh_ss = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:briorep","brioadmin","Password01")

         or die "Cant connect to db: $DBI::errstr\n";

my $stmt_getid = qq{SELECT unique_id FROM briojobs WHERE completion_status <> 'Successful' and completion_status IS NOT NULL AND file_name LIKE 'D%'};
my $sth_getid = $dbh_ss->prepare($stmt_getid);

my $stmt_upd = qq{UPDATE briojobs SET next_date = NULL, last_date = NULL, completion_status = NULL WHERE unique_id = ? }; my $sth_upd = $dbh_ss->prepare($stmt_upd);

$sth_getid->execute();

while (my @array = $sth_getid->fetchrow_array) {

        #Fails here, every time
    $sth_upd->execute($array[0]);
sleep 1;

};

Lisa Koivu
desk: 407-248-4277
cell: 954-683-4459

"The sender believes that this E-Mail and any attachments were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking proactive and remedial action about viruses and other defects. The sender's business entity is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments."