Re: Moving db to linux

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:51:15 +0800

oracle 9.2.0.4 on redhat 3 should be ok, as I have a friend's site running 9204 rac on redhat 3 with heavy load, system has been up stable for nearly 1 month. They will soon expand to 4 node rac.

I cannot find the patch you mentioned in metalink: 3208258, can you find it?

Regards
Zhu Chao

> >Im, going to be moving a 220 GB 8.1.7.4 database from HP-UX to Red Hat AS
3.0 running 9.2.0.4.0.

> Have you actually installed 9.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat AS 3.0. It
> is pretty ugly, I refused to do the patches a metalink tar
> suggested, because they are absurd, and constitute a lack of
> support. With 10.1.0.2, at least the installer will run:
>
> --
>
> Operating System: Linux x86 Version Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES 3
> Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition Version 9.2
> N/A Version N/A
>
> Product Version Note:
> None available for this product.
>
> Certification Note:
>

> The following requirements are needed for a successful installation of
Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.1) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
> 1. Software:
> Linux kernel version would be 2.4.21-4.EL
> Glibc Version Number glibc 2.3.2-95.3
> Required OS Patches
> - compat-db-4.0.14.5
> - compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122
> - compat-gcc-c++-7.3-2.96.122
> - compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.122
> - compat-libstdc++-devel-7.3-2.96.122
> - openmotif21-2.1.30-8.i386.rpm
> - setarch-1.3-1
> 2. Environment:
> Put gcc296 and g++296 first in $PATH variable by creating the following
symbolic links. These are required for the relinking of some Oracle binaries (as root)

> % mv /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/gcc323
> % mv /usr/bin/g++ /usr/bin/g++323
> % ln -s /usr/bin/gcc296 /usr/bin/gcc
> % ln -s /usr/bin/g++296 /usr/bin/g++
>

> hostname command should return the fully qualified hostname as shown
below:
> - % hostname
> - hostname.domainname
> If any Java packages are installed on the system, unset the Java
environment variables, for example JAVA_HOME.
> The oracle account used to install Oracle 9.2.0.1, should not have the
Oracle install related variables set by default. For example setting ORACLE_HOME, PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include Oracle binaries in .profile, .login file and /etc/profile.d should be completely avoided.
> 3. Other environment settings:
> For hugemem kernel install rpm setarch-1.0-2.i386.rpm or higher.
> - % setarch i386
> For uni, smp and boot kernel this step is not required.
>
> Define and export the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL before
starting the install process:
> - % export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
> Additional Installation Steps
>
> Open a new terminal window
> Apply bug patch 3006854 - to resolve libcwait symbol issue before invoking
Oracle installer.
> After completing above steps start ./runInstaller from 9iR2 CD 1 from
shell where you have defined above variable. You may get the following two errors:
> Relink error for ins_oemagent.mk - Click ignore and complete the install.
Apply the patch for Bug 3119415 after the install is completed