RE: using system event triggers

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:18:44 -0800

Are you getting ready for April Fool's Day? As far as I know it's not possible. If you raise an error then all you will get is the error logged in a trace file. I suppose you could try to find a command that, because of an Oracle bug, causes the database to go down. One was mentioned on the list today. (NUMTOYMINTERVAL with an extra long parameter) How about doing an "alter system enable restricted session" in the trigger? Would that be sufficient? Are you trying to verify the database name or the global name?