Re: Moving db to linux

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:18:58 -0500

What you need is a magic wand. On Solaris, it's called "rsh". The spell goes like this:
System A, prior to the operation:
mknod expdat.dmp p
System B, prior to the operation:
mknod exp_remote.dmp p

System A, engaging the enemy:
exp parfile=myexp.par 2>/dev/null &
dd if=expdat.dmp|rsh dd of=exp_remote.dmp

imp parfile=myimp.par file=exp_remote.dmp log=/vmunix