Re: oracle licenses question

From: Jay Hostetter <jhostetter_at_decommunications.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:15:41 -0500

This is not true. You license the existing CPUs. However, Standard Edition can not run on a box (or shouldn't be installed on a box) that is capable of having more than 4 cpus. I don't recall the limitations of SE One off the top of my head.

>>> gmei_at_incyte.com 02/26/04 01:04PM >>>
Hi:

I got this email from our sysadmin today. Is this true?

Guang

XXX told me this morning Oracle charges by the number of CPUs a system CAN have, not by how many are in it. I told him I didn't think that was right but he was insistent. Guang, ever hear of that?

**DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. The contents do not represent the opinion of D&E except to the extent that it relates to their official business.