RE: Moving db to linux

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:46:15 -0600

We've put 9.2.0.4.0 on several Linux machines of various capacities from a 1 CPU 400 Mhz P2 to a 4 CPU 2.8 GHZ P4 server. We have used RH AS 3 and Whitebox with good success. Werner's site is a great supplement to the Oracle docs. I'm sure 10g will be better in all respects but this database is going to be using Quest's SharePlex to replicate a production Oracle Apps 11.5.7 db so I can't just use anything I want to. I have to use supported versions.

Allan