Re: 9iAS on redhat linux

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:16:47 -0500

9iAS is a bitzch to get working properly. I would opt for the 10g version and then hose the os to get it to be accepted by Oracle installer. The kernel,compal's,pdksh, and others need to be updated/. Ron

>>> ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net 02/26/2004 9:39:55 AM >>>
I want to start playing around with this. I have Redhat 7.1 sitting at home. Can I run 9iAS on this(I dont know anything about 9iAS yet).

Or do I have to get another version? Is there a cheap or free version? This is not for work.

also, I have a cable modem and I do not have a static ip. do I need a static IP to run 9iAS? anyway to simulate one if so?