RE: recovery problem, what does this mean

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:09:54 +0000

It's telling you that the next redo log had a sequence number of 8534. based on your naming convention it expects the redo to be in networks_t1_s8534.arc. If that file is there then I'd be a little bit concerned that it might be unreadable. Obviously the first thing to check would be permissions on that file. I'd also look at the alert log to see if there were any errors relating to archiving at 22:11 last night.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission
+44 117 975 7805

This email contains information intended for the addressee only. It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or
professional privilege. Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this
communication without prior permission of the sender is strictly prohibited.