RE: recovery problem, what does this mean

From: George Leonard <leonarge_at_vodacom.co.za>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:42:29 +0200

Hi all

Making progress,

I changed the command to recover datafile 309

This is one of the datafiles from the tablespace.

It is working, (it even applied changes that was in the problem archive log file ?? strange) once this file is done I will do the other.

Thanks for the help so far,

George

George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
Dimension Data (Pty) Ltd
(Reg. No. 1987/006597/07)
Tel: (+27 11) 575 0573
Fax: (+27 11) 576 0573
E-mail:george.leonard_at_za.didata.com
Web: http://www.didata.co.za

You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a Person
You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity! Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk, Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Eckermann Sent: 26 February 2004 18:07 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

My 2 cents:

It means that archived log is required for recovery. Most likely it is not in the archived log destination fs.
Double check it exists , if it isn't there restore it from tape and retry the recovery.