RE: stipe size

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:03:18 -0600

Watch out, though. If you set the stripe size to *only* the value of the max atomic I/O size, you've got to make sure that your logical and physical stripes are aligned. (See Hank Tullis's article at hotsos.com.) Otherwise, you'll end up having a single I/O call split into two simply because there'll be a physical boundary in the midst of a logical stripe.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:

- Performance Diagnosis 101: 2/24 San Diego, 3/23 Park City, 4/6 Seattle
- Hotsos Symposium 2004: March 7-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...