Re: Moving db to linux

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:12:21 -0500

It should already be in the distribution. Type "rpm -qa|grep jfsutils" and you should get an answer like this:
Yogi> rpm -qa|grep jfs
jfsutils-1.0.17-6
Yogi>

JFS is a standard part of the kernel. The "utils" package contains all you need for for checking it, making it and alike. Here is contents of the standard distribution on RH-9:

Yogi> rpm -ql jfsutils-1.0.17-6

/sbin/defragfs
/sbin/extendfs
/sbin/fsck.jfs
/sbin/logdump
/sbin/logredo
/sbin/mkfs.jfs
/sbin/xchkdmp
/sbin/xchklog
/sbin/xpeek
/usr/share/doc/jfsutils-1.0.17
/usr/share/doc/jfsutils-1.0.17/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/jfsutils-1.0.17/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/jfsutils-1.0.17/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/jfsutils-1.0.17/INSTALL
/usr/share/doc/jfsutils-1.0.17/NEWS
/usr/share/doc/jfsutils-1.0.17/README
/usr/share/man/man8/fsck.jfs.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/logdump.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/logredo.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/mkfs.jfs.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/xchkdmp.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/xchklog.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/xpeek.8.gz

Yogi>

Can you please check that you have it? I'm very eager to learn, because that's precisely the problem I reported to oracle with 10g. The result is bug# 3446411 (public) and I'm in the process of disembowelling my existing RH-9 box and turning it into ES 3.0, because oracle told me that the ES 3.0 kernel may contain the necessary ingredients to make it work.