RE: Moving db to linux

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:05:01 -0600

Have you done (or seen) any tests comparing JFS and XFS? I had created my latest Gentoo DB on Reiser and the first reboot (needed to add memory) trashed the whole FS. I'm on EXT3 for now, but would like to experiment with XFS. My teamlead swears that two of our Linux servers died because of a flaw in EXT3's journalling. I haven't had any such problem, though.

Does Oracle Corp Support care about the FS?

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA