RE: Linux & Oracle - Departing from the DARK SIDE (Windows)

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:48:07 -0600

Yep AS/ES 3 are based on Red Hat 9.

Allan

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Koivu, Lisa Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 8:11 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Linux & Oracle - Departing from the DARK SIDE (Windows)

Good morning all,

I must admit I never paid attention to the Linux posts. Since I was stuck on Windows for the foreseeable future, yada yada... Well all that's changed. This morning I was just notified that there's a RH9 server that I need to install OEM on.

So I go to metalink to look up the support matrix. My Gosh. There are three generic Linux categories: Linux x86, Linux x86-64, and Linux Itanium. I am assuming RH9 falls under x86. So I follow the certify matrix for x86, and I see two different RH Enterprise Linux versions listed: Enterprise Linux AS/ES3, AND Enterprise Linux AS/ES 2.1.

I am assuming that RH9 equates to AS/ES3 but I don't know for sure. Can anyone verify this?

I just need a nudge in the right direction. Anyone using RH9 + OEM management server?

Thanks everyone

Lisa Koivu
desk: 407-248-4277
cell: 954-683-4459

"The sender believes that this E-Mail and any attachments were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking proactive and remedial action about viruses and other defects. The sender's business entity is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments."

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance. [021216]